Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a membership fee?
At Phytomedical we charge a yearly membership fee that covers administration and ongoing support, including visits with licensed physicians and experienced cannabis staff. We also provide a wide array of free and discounted services designed to educate and empower people to take charge of their own health safely and naturally.
Do you match old MMAR or MMPR prescriptions?
At Phytomedical we do not match old prescription amounts authorized under any medical cannabis access program, old or new. Each new Phytomedical member will have his/her own appointment with a licensed physician who will prescribe based on his/her own discretion and the individuals specific circumstances.
What medical conditions qualify for a medical cannabis prescription?
Cannabis can be effectively administered for an extremely wide range of medical conditions.
The following is not an exhaustive list, but the most common conditions in which cannabis is applicable for.
- Pain: musculoskeletal, post-traumatic, arthritic, peripheral neuropathy, cancer, fibromyalgia, multiple sclerosis, sickle cell disease, thoracic outlet syndrome
- Headaches and migraines
- Multiple sclerosis
- Parkinson’s disease
- Nausea and vomiting: For any reason, including in association with chemotherapy and radiation
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Digestive disorders: Crohn’s disease, irritable bowl syndrome (IBS), ulcerative colitis
- Anxiety, insomnia, depression
- Huntington’s disease
- Tourette’s syndrome
- Drug withdrawal
- Alzheimer’s disease and dementia
- Inflammatory skin diseases
More information can be found on the Health Canada website here.
1. It is an effective medicine with zero side effects. 2. It can replace harmful pharmaceuticals. 3. You will avoid unwanted and damaging criminal charges which can prevent you from growing cannabis in the future and prevent you from traveling. 4. You can legally grow...
This Saturday September 3rd, 2016 Seminar at 12p-3p Featuring: Alex Rea, Medical Grow Specialist Topics: how to get your permit marihuana botany how to set up grow room, electrical lighting, gardens strain selection Buy equipment on special sale to...
THC is the stuff that gets you high; CBD (cannabidiol) is the stuff that makes you feel better. By Project CBD / AlterNet In 2009, a handful of CBD-rich cannabis strains were discovered serendipitously in Northern California, America’s cannabis breadbasket, where...
Some experts that work with this plant claim that weed mixed with the oil of coconut can become more bio available. That means that the absorption and utilization of the nutrients will achieve higher level by every internal system. The effectiveness in the extraction...